Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Evening Run








The first day of summer is hesitant but still, it is approaching us. We've been hiding our bodies underneath clothes for way too long, it's time to show some skin.

I will walk you through everything I do to lose weight, tone up and simply live my healthy ...very challenging lifestyle.

I owe it to you to let you know where I am coming from on this. After the age of 3, I was always overweight. My doctors would put me on child diets all while I was growing up. My family nicknamed me "fatty watty" and "Tay Tay burger" until I grew up. My last year of high school I weighed around 160lbs. By the end of my freshman year of college I had seen the scale rise to a wake-up call of 190lbs. I had no idea where it came from or where exactly it was on my body.

I had a few things I wanted to do with my life that required me to lose weight. I wanted to feel comfortable in a short sleeved crop top and shorts, I wanted to look good in this very sexy leopard bathing suit from Victoria Secret and I wanted to join the Army.

I'll be honest, I would have never seen 140lbs if it had not been for my friends. I had a friend to walk with every morning, one to walk with in the afternoon and one to go to the gym with in the evening. Some days I wouldn't feel like working out but I wouldn't dare tell a friend "no working out today, let's just sit around and pack on more pounds" so I went, sometimes 3x a day.

Soon after that, the healthy eating started. Luckily, I never had many bad eating habits. I didn't eat fast-food or drink pop unless I had too. Most of which I had never had (Arbys, Big Boy, Burger King...) I grew up next door to Ralleys, naturally, that was my fast food spot.

I started researching what was good, why it was good, what was bad, why it was bad, when to eat, when not to eat, where to shop...everything. I got into the health and fitness magazines and made it my business to start living a healthy lifestyle before it was too late.

I not only own that sexy leopard bathing suit, I look great in it. I am comfortable in my skin and I know my body. I know how it works. I know what foods to eat, when to workout, what happens when I have a drink...

All this to say, I want to help you learn your body. Stick with me through this. Ask me questions, set up a gym date or simply learn and plan.

I will have food posts, workout recordings, clothing updates and all on this page. I hope your as excited as I am!

-Allante'

No comments:

Post a Comment